Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Defining My Project


My final major project will be  a series of short narratives that lend themselves to a graphic novel/web comic format. It will pay homage to genre fiction as well as the victorian era along with the steampunk movement . it will explore the subject of innovation verses supernatural associated with that era to understand how the two conflicting topics still work well in todays world.
 The  Victorian period is  known for its innovation and development,  but there was a different side to Victorian Culture with its myths, legends and speculative fiction as well an unhealthy obsession with the occult which dates back to ancient times .
This was a time of ghosts, ghouls and monsters, mostly fiction, but I began to think of how different this period would have been if they were real  or a grain of truth was present.  
 I want my project to open peoples eyes to information that they might have known about or misunderstood about the this era and make it more accessible for people to learn about . 

Im interested in how some comic artists and  illustrators can propel their audience into self study and research  and that is why for my research Project, I decided to explore the best way to communicate information into comic form and how to encourage the audience to take this information and doing something with it. By looking at which media, materials and narrative will work best and also taking into account how my personal illustrative style would lend itself to this project. Because I am developing the narrative and characters myself, I will also need to research how other artists have achieved a similar objective in their own works.

This blog will show my progress as I begin my research and begin to flesh out my project in order for it to be ready to publish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment